How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5420
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my spouse is under an AVO alcohol and he

Customer Question

If my spouse is under an AVO for consuming alcohol and he breaks it around me will I loose my kids.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 2 years ago.
If your spouse is under an AVO and he breaches it the consequences will ordinarily apply only to him, but what they are will depend on what is in the AVO.However, if you have child protection authorities concerned for your kids because of the behaviour of your spouse around the children, and he breaches the AVO, the authorities may well take action to isolate the children from your spouse, which, if you are unwilling to remove yourself, may include removing them from your care. That would likely only occur in a fairly extreme case, but it is a possibility, and I would suggest you discuss the possibility with any involved child protection agencies that you may be dealing so you know what to expect.I trust the above assists your understanding.Good luck and please rate my answer.Patrick

Related Australia Law Questions