Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I am one of two apprentices I am now a fourth year and before

Customer Question

I am one of two apprentices I am now a fourth year and before I was signed up I was working for him for 5 months and was getting minimum first year apprentice wages which was 280 dollars a week when minimum wage is around 15 dollars an hour and the other apprentice when he started was getting paid random amounts by cheque. Since we've been signed up or before hand we've never had a pay slip, we were doing over or close to 50 hours a week and not getting paid overtime and are meant to get paid fortnightly but have never been paid consistently.Most of the time he pays us after 3 weeks but only pays us for a fort night and does that twice in a row then pretends he doesn't know when we say you still owe us for a fort night. There is two of us and we both want to take action coz this is slave labour and when we're finished someone else will have to deal with the same thing
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  James D. Ford replied 2 years ago.
Hi, have you made a complaint to Fair Work? Are you being paid Super?