Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I am behind with house payments and some months ago

Customer Question

Hello, I am behind with house payments and some months ago I emailed property Solutions. They rang me back last month while I was at home in Mossman preparing to go to Gove NT for work. During this Andrea asked me about a bit of history and was told about everything. I told her that I have had 3 or 4 valuations done and the lowest was $219,000 and the best was $330,000. My house is on 1360 sq mtrs and is zoned light commercial / industrial with a shed at the rear of block and has 2 bays 3 rooms 1 is toilet and shower and a loft. Toilet and shower aren't hooked up. Both house and shed are concrete block. The lady then asked me what I wanted for the property and I told her $450,000 but would take $400,000 at the lowest. She and a man that was there both agreed to this. I then received an email agreeing to this and that anything over$400,000 would be kept by them and I signed docs and sent back. She then contacted the solictors which are Gadens Will Gonelli with an email stating that she was doing an auction. I rang her and she said that what ever she done or how sold I was to get $10,000 and that it would be better than nothing. after giving me an email saying that I would receive $145,000. What can be done about this if anything as I signed a power of attorney form.
Regards ***** *****
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I said it was property solutions but it was AP Home Solutions.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning,
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.
Have they issued a notice saying they are taking possession?
You should contact the lawyers and find out exactly what is going on as it appears the person at the mortgagee is not being very clear to you about is going to happen.
I also assume they have not confirmed anything you discussed in an email?