How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5422
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam miss antonellapatane from strathfield we have a serious

Customer Question

Hi iam miss antonellapatane from strathfield we have a serious serious problems with our next door neighbours that there have an industrial air conditioning motor right under neaf my bedroom window every night after night after night from 4.15pm until 12.30am i just had an serious operation on my head to remove some tumors and ijust got home from the hospital i cannot sleep in my bedroom because of this industrial air conditioning unit running 24hours on top of 24hours day and night..we have to take sleeping tablets all put plugs in our ears and tire a scarfs across our head and ears. what should me do give us some advise
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.The following regulation applies to the use of air conditioners during the late evening through to the morning: would suggest you ask your explain your situation to your neighbour and the issue you are having with their air conditioner, and then refer them to the above regulation. If they fail to cease using their A/C during those hours then you should raise the matter with Council, and or the Police as they can issue the relevant notice to the neighbour, and if they then persist in using the A/C in breach of the regulation, they can be fined up to 100 penalty units for each such occasion (each penalty unit is $110 so the fine can be $11,000 for each offence in theory).If for some reason neither the police nor the council are willing to assist, then you will need to consider engaging a lawyer to pursue the matter with the courts directly so that your rights are enforced.I trust the above assists.Please rate my answer.Patrick