Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

In Queensland is it legal mobile speed camera to be operated

Customer Question

In Queensland is it legal for a mobile speed camera to be operated on a different road ( adjacent parallel road) to where the offence took place?
I was apparently travelling at 69 in a 60 K zone but the speed camera was ( as stated on offence notice) a parallel road some 50mtrs away?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.I do not understand. Are you saying the the notice is incorrect having the wrong street noted?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am saying.....the road the offence took place Dayboro Road was not the road the Officer had his camera.
He was on the Parallel road.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening, Did the officer give you the ticket on the spot?If so this error can be rectified as it is simply an error.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it came in the post. The street where the officer was parked was a sevice road running along side the road I was traveling.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon,So from theta road has he got clear vision of the road you were travelling on?Is your dispute with the notice having the incorrect road on it or that he was not located on the road you were travelling on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would say so......though I didn't see him as it would appear he was behind Vegetation or 50 metres back on Road.
This service road would be higher than Dayboro Road where I was traveling.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon, Which of the 2 do you say no to?