How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** NSW and I have a criminal record

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** NSW and I have a criminal record which is holding me to make any progress in my life and I would like to find away to clear and have a new biggining
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.How long has it been there and were you sentenced to 12 months or more imprisonment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The first climinal record was in 2007 where I was married and I end up with my wife we were divorced and because she used to drink alcohol and that's why we were fighting every time . The last one was last year 201 where I had a girlfriend and because of what she was planing to do she decided to call me and try to fight with me but I didn't do anything to her and she went to report me to the police and now she is married with some one else so I think for me want be fair to. Have all this case because they are holding me everything I am trying to I always stuck because of that so that's why I needed new life biggining please if you could help me to clear that.thanks for any question please fill free to contact me on(###) ###-####
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good MorningWhat are the charges?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no charges but The record is there because I found out when I went to do a criminal record check with the police .thanks
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning,You had to have been charged by the police or you cannot have a criminal record. The police mucky charge you and then you go to court and are found guilty. Are you saying you never attended Court?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I attended the court in 2007 but the last year in 2014 I did not go to court and the police charged me for that
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning, Do you know what court the 2014 matter was in? You are going to have to find out what happened.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was an avo
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Was there a criminal charge of assault attached to it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
The AVO is not a criminal offence and should not appear on your Criminal record.In order to chase that up you have to go back to the court that made the order and have it withdrawn. Do you know what court that was?