How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44191
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in QLD and police want to talk to me in NSW, they

Customer Question

i live in QLD and police want to talk to me in NSW, they wont be specific about what they want to talk about, what happens if i refuse to go? i know they cant come and get me..
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.If you refuse NSW police cannot do anything to you. Because you live in QLD they cannot enter. If the matter is serious they can get an order in a QLD court to have you extradicted to NSW. The states are independent of each other and the police force of one cannot enter the other and arrest you. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can i ask them to be specific about what theywant and then i will go?
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning, Yes you can ask them. It may be that they have not decided on a charge yet and are only investigating. If that is the case then they will not say anything as they are not sure if a crime has been committed. You have every right to ask. At the same time I would not give them a statement because anything you say they can use against you. You have a right to keep silent and only tell them your name and address.