Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I sold steel ute tray on ebay it was paid paypal

Customer Question
hi I sold steel ute...
hi I sold steel ute tray on ebay it was paid for on paypal the man how bought it was not happy with the and withdraw the amount back out of paypal now he has my tray and I have no money cheers ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
7/4/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good Evening, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Do you know his whereabouts?Had he lodged a dispute with paypal to get his money back?
hi what he did was to put payment on hold until he saw the tray then withdraw it I did not notice the change in the paypal account until it was to late to put a case against him now ebay does not want to know anything about it how do I go about retrieving the tray
Good Evening, Do you know where he is?This is a police matter as he has obtained a benefit by deception and you can also sue him civilly for the money
hi yes I have his address and e mai[
hi I would like to talk to you a.s.a.p.(###) ###-####
Cant talk at the moment. Sorry.
hi thanks should I go to the local majistrate at noosa court house for more legal advise I live in qld the person that bought the tray is in vic $300 transport fees to recover cheers ***** *****
You should go to the magistrates Court and sue him there. Tell them the defendant is in Victoria and they will assist you with the service of the paperwork. Also you should report this to the Victorian Police. Give them copies of everything you have and any emails demanding that you get back your tray or the money paid. You can claim the legal filing fee and if the total amount is over $1,000.00 you can charge interests as well.
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor