Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I reside in Victoria, after 28 years service I think my employer

Customer Question

I reside in Victoria, after 28 years service I think my employer is about to offer me 20hour per week work not 40 hours. I would like to accept but my question is what happens to my long service leave as I have not takn any.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning. My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.If you take it on and it continues your LSL will change and will be paid out at the lower amount when you leave. Your job is no longer available and it may be a redundancy. You should discuss the option of a redundancy and re-employment as a new employee at the lower rate or that they quarantine the LSL as at now and you start to accumulate the rest of your service at the new lower rate. Or you can take the LSL now and when you have take it come back at the lower rate. Also your annual leave is also affected. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon