Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I would like to move to Australia or New Zealand. I have a

Customer Question

I would like to move to Australia or New Zealand. I have a criminal charge for DWI, so I'd like to leave the US. Thank you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Is that a drink driving charge?If so it should not impact on you. I cannot tell you what visa to apply for that is not what I am her for.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Leon,The charge is DUI. I'll figure out how to apply for a passport on my own. Thank you.Pete
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning,It will not affect you applying for a passport. Criminal convictions are only an impact if you travel. So when going to the USA you have to apply for a visa before you go. You cannot use the visa waiver because you have a charge and a possible conviction.But you can travel, you just have to apply for an actual visitors visa and disclose the DUI. It should not be a problem though. Good luck and enjoy the trip.You are very welcome and thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon