Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Tree from one property falling into the next property NSW…

Customer Question
Tree from one property falling...
Tree from one property falling into the next property NSW
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
7/3/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good Evening, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.What is your question?
A tree from the school play ground has fallen across our yard covering an area of about 15x10m the result of the April 2015 storm.
Question if the section in the school property is removed only can I return the section in our property back over the boundary to the school property?
No files
Good Evening,They have to have the lot removed and pay for any damages that have been suffered on your property. Contact the Department of Education and get it dealt with or the SES. It is not your responsibility and any costs you incur to have it cut and moved you can charge them. I hope this makes sense?
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor