Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Need to know how can the DMCA protect the web site owner ?

Customer Question

Need to know how can the DMCA protect the web site owner ? What steps can a web site owner do to prevent from legal issues?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.I'm going to need you to be more specific than that, your questions are too general to answer since there are so many different types of websites and so many ways a website owner can get into trouble. I need you to be as specific as possible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For example, a forum site where user upload or generated torrent links
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
That's just a fact, not a question. What question do you have about that type of site?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How much protection does the web site have if the site has dmca take down in place and also comply with dmca?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
It just popped up on my screen that this is an Australia question, is that where you're located?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is correct
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry, this is in the US law section. I'll opt out and send it to the Australia Law section and someone can pick up from there. No need to respond, some else should be with you shortly.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.What do you mean by the DCMA?