Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a car from a lmct july 2014. I was stopped by the…

Customer Question
I purchased a car from...
I purchased a car from a lmct july 2014. I was stopped by the police and was told the car was unregistered. A fine of 700 was issued on the spot. The car had never been transferred and now the dealer will not pay the fine. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
7/2/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good Evening My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.LMCT? IS that a dealer?When you purchased it did you get the transfer of the registration to your name?
Good Morning.
Do you still need assistance?
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor