Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I lost 12,000 US dollars back in 2010 to a company called Shin

Customer Question

I lost 12,000 US dollars back in 2010 to a company called Shin Futures supposed to be based in Hong Kong deal with gold options.
Recently I have been contacted by a Carlos Lopez from Department of Finance in the Philippines stating they have apprehended 78 nationals mostly Chinese in an illegal telemarketing scam.
They then go on to name a person I dealt with in 2010 and the name of Shin Futures and the company Kingswood Ltd (Michael Steinway).
Now stating they have located $150,480.54 on money that was with Shin Futures.
H is now chasing Claimant Allotment Record. Then asking bank details to transfer my share of this money into my account.
I'm assuming this is a scam but have you received any other interest from Australians whom were scammed by Shin Futures.
At the time there were many Australians scammed by Shin Futures.
Graeme Correy
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.It is a scam and you should not give them any information. If you have details of who contacted you report them to the AFP and they will investigate. The website for the AFP is as follows:http://www.afp.gov.auYou can also notify scam watch. http://www.scamwatch.gov.auI hope this makes sense and is of assistance?
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning,
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards