Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm an Australian permenant resident and I applied for

Customer Question
hi, I'm an Australian...
hi, I'm an Australian permenant resident and I applied for citizen on 25 June 2014 and pass the test on 16 July 2014. since this time until now I didn't get any response for approval and every time I call immigration they just tell me to wait. what I have to do ? thnx
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.You have to wait. There is nothing you can do. Have they told you what the normal time is to be approved?
no they didn't but normally take 2-4 weeks after the citizen test. and I hate to been told WAIT
Is there anyway of tracking your application?Do you have an online account to be able to track it?
I have. but no tracking. it's just give me the current situation with nothing about anything. it's just wait. I want to know after one year could they refuse my application. and i don't have any black record.
Good Afternoon, If they reject your application then you will have a mark against your name because you have not been successful.You will have to apply again and they will know you had a failed attempt but it should not go against you. If you wish to take it further you can make an application to the department to chase it up or even go to the ombudsman. http://www.ombudsman.gov.auI hope this makes sense?
they didn't reject my application. and plz my question is what the action I can do to know why they late like that with me ?
You can apply to the Ombudsman.It takes on average 80 days for the processing to take place but that is only for 80% of the applications.Here is the link from the departmenthttps://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/standards/2.7.htmThe means almost 3 months from the date you finish and lodge all the application.So that means they have until October to process it. You are within the time they set out.If you think it is a delay then you can take it to the ombudsman and ask them to investigate for you.
how much it cost and how long does it take ?
The ombudsman is freeIt all depends on how busy they are and the time for the department to give them the information. But the issue is that you are still within the time set by the department as the 80 days have not expired.
so I apply to ombudsman after 16 July ?
plz send me the link for how I apply to ombudsman ?
They should process it within 80 days of your application. That is almost 3 months which means they have until October. This is the average time for 80% of all applications. I do not see them as delaying or being late with your application. But if you are inpatient you can apply tomorrow if you like. But It may not get you a quicker result it may delay it as there is an investigation and the person working on it will have to stop their work and provide information. If it was 120 days ago that you applied I would say they are late but they are not based on the dates you have given me and the processing times set out by the department.
sorry but u read my first question. I applied 12 months ago and did the test on July 2014.
Good Evening, You should apply to the Ombudsman or use Freedom of Information to get more information. My apologies when I read it for some reason I thought it was this year.
should I apply now or wait after one year gone in 2 weeks ?
Wait a few more weeks then apply. I hope this makes ensue and is of assistance. if there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Good Evening
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Good Morning.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
hi, one year passed since I did the citizen test and no response. what should I do now ?
You take it to the ombudsman. This is my last post. I am sorry but you have failed to rate my work and I cannot continue if you refuse to pay me.
Leon, Solicitor