Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My husband and I are separated and are settling the sale of…

Customer Question
My husband and I are...
My husband and I are separated and are settling the sale of our house tomorrow with funds being disbursed into his account (I know I am stupid and too trusting). He agreed to pay child support of $550 per week for our two children. He has now stated that he does not know if he can play support and will not release funds to me. I s it too late to let the conveyancing company that they should hold the funds in a settlement account until we come to an agreement?I am afraid that he will leave me with the debts and take the money.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Law
6/28/2015
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Daniel, Solicitor
HelloI would indicate to the conveyancer that the money be put into a trust account pending settlement.If there is no agreement with the monies, then it needs to go into a trust account anyway.Do not be worried.