How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5622
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I are separated and are settling the sale of

Customer Question

My husband and I are separated and are settling the sale of our house tomorrow with funds being disbursed into his account (I know I am stupid and too trusting). He agreed to pay child support of $550 per week for our two children. He has now stated that he does not know if he can play support and will not release funds to me. I s it too late to let the conveyancing company that they should hold the funds in a settlement account until we come to an agreement?I am afraid that he will leave me with the debts and take the money.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
HelloI would indicate to the conveyancer that the money be put into a trust account pending settlement.If there is no agreement with the monies, then it needs to go into a trust account anyway.Do not be worried.