Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My mum died 3 months prior to my sister. Who receives mums…

Customer Question
My mum died 3 months...
My mum died 3 months prior to my sister. Who receives mums estate? My sisters husband or my sisters children , live in victoria
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
6/26/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.If your sister passed away first, if your mums will does not make arrangements as to what happens should your sister predecease her, then you are entitled to the estate if your mum did not leave a husband. You have to look at the will. If there is no further provision then you are the eligible beneficiary and you should get a solicitor to represent you. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Leon, Solicitor