How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question if u can please help me with it I'm 23

Customer Question

Hi I have a question if u can please help me with it I'm 23 years old and I moved out of home after a fight with my parents and I no longer talk to them I used to have a passport but my parents burnd it for me I tried to apply for a new one but the passport Center asking for my parents citizen chip and I can't get it because we don't talk i tried applying for my own citizen chip but in the form they asking for documents from the parents witch I can't get so what can I do to get a passport
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.This is an illegal act and you should report it to the Passport Office and the police. You can apply for a new passport form the passport office.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I understand but they still need the documents that I can't get
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon,You report this to the police and they should be able to assist you to get them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already tried that and they said they can't force them to give u documents about them that they don't wanna give a out like a copy of there citizen chip so I can apply for the passport
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon. In that case you have to speak to the Department and see what else they will accept and how can you get copies for yourself. You should be able to apply for your own citizenship document as you are a citizen. You should complete a form 119 do not need copies of your parents documents you ask fro one for you. You will need ID fro you though.