How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44346
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been in Australia from the day I was born but am Bangladeshi

Customer Question

I have been in Australia from the day I was born but am Bangladeshi racially.
I have always lived my life socially quite isolated but now approaching 50 years of age I am also recently unemployed. With age, race (and height 5'6) against my re-employment chances I should leave this country and live in a country with more my race of people. Simply put there are too many people that could be classed as "minorities" for the White Australian economy to absorb, something which was not the case 20 years ago. Indeed I lost my last job because customers simply preferred contractors of their own kind, that is , white aussie.
Complicating factor? My wife is a white "Aussie", so neither she nor our two kids would ever want to emigrate
Question : Is this a situation you have heard of much before?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning,My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.If you are asking on whether you can bring an action against the employers for discrimination because of your race and colour, the answer is yes provided you can show evidence that you have been discriminated on that basis. If you believe you are discriminated also due to your age again this is an action that you can bring before the courts.To bring an action to force for wife and your 2 children to emigrate back to Bangladesh, the answer is no. You cannot force adults to go and do what they do not wish to do.I believe if you can prove the discrimination based on age and race then you have an election court that she can bring against these employers.I hope this makes sense and is of assistance and if there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon