Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I would like to know if baggage has been detained by

Customer Question

Hello! I would like to know if baggage has been detained by customs at the airport, which mine has, Jakarta as it turns out. And there is authority with it that disallows scanning, etc of contents, the baggage has been there now for 24 hrs already. Wouldn't the airport contact me through the freight envoy? I mean I'm told their isn't any name as such on the bag! Thanks. This makes me feel bad as I type this because It's not making sense to me.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning,My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.All luggage has a code that is connected to your ticket when you check in. Even though they do not have a name and number on them using this code they can track you down through the airline. Have you contacted them to collect your bags?
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning,You should contact them to claim your bags and give them the code that was given to you when you check-in and they will be able to find them. If customs refused to give your bags then you can complain to the ombudsman.I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon