Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My daughter would like to make contact with her sibling,

Customer Question
Hi ,My daughter would like...
Hi ,My daughter would like to make contact with her sibling, a daughter from a previous marriage that my husband had .His ex wife remarried and she was legally adopted by them.I do not know her adoptive name(stepfather) to start looking for her and I just keep running into brick walls. can you he;p?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Law
6/22/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good Evening,My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.If the adoption was throughout he Supreme Court then you can make enquiries about the parents as they would be on the application. Did your husband agree to the adoption and did he sign orders?