Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Under what circumstances would a magistrate grain that one

Customer Question

Under what circumstances would a magistrate grain that one party pay the others legal fees in the family court of WA. Please give a example
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good eveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Costs in the family court are not granted easily. A costs order may be made against you, the hearing of your case may be delayed, or your application(s) may be struck out or dismissed. If you change the orders that you want at short notice, you may be ordered to pay the other party’s costs. For example, if they spent money preparing for a trial in respect of orders that you no longer want. Also a court may order costs if one party made an offer of settlement that was equal to or better than the final order of the court, it can order the party that did not accept the offer to pay their costs of the proceedings. Section 237 of the Act also sets out what the court can order costs in proceedingshttp://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/wa/consol_act/fca1997153/s237.htmlI hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards