How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44371
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have been served with a metal object in chicken at Nandos in

Customer Question

Have been served with a metal object in chicken at Nandos in Sep14. The staff at store have downplayed the incident when I brought it to their attention, later General Manager called me and made fun of my experience as an "adventure". I put him in spot and he agreed it was a serious matter. The metal object is oven stobes which are huge in size and shouldn't have been served to customer as it moved past at least 3 staff. I have had kids in my custody to whom this chicken was served, luckily they didn't get to eat it and I had tummy upset. Since both me & my wife went through trauma and completely panic if it comes to take away food. It just changed our perspective forever. But Nandos made mockery of this situation and said my experience is worth $100 gift voucher. They have not reimbursed my cost for that order nor sent $100.. I demanded $10k in total of which some can be paid to charity in my name. Just wondering what I can do legally to teach Nandos a lesson.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.
Do you have medical evidence that her panic attacks were caused by this and does the report say it is ongoing?
Did you report this to the health department?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I have not taken it to that level.. But I reported to the local council who said they are happy with Nando's measures to ensure this doesn't happen again and won't talk about my suffering or compensation. More than panic it is actually paranoid.. that's the word to use when it comes to our thoughts of dining out.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening
The Council's Health Department is the one that should investigate
She needs to be able to show that this is all caused by the incident and that due to the negligence of Nandos she cannot live a normal life.
Compensation is going to be hard for pain and suffering. She will need medical evidence from a psychiatrist to back this up
Once she has this you can speak to a no win no fee solicitor to see if they will take it on
They have to reimburse you for the burgers.
You should send them a letter of demand for the burgers and put them on notice that you intend to put in a claim.
I cannot guarantee anything and it is not going to be easy.
I suspect the chances of success will be very low.
But I hope this makes sense?