How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James D. Ford Your Own Question
James D. Ford
James D. Ford, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 1601
Experience:  Consulting Principal at Nexus Law Group
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
James D. Ford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has been working company years and has

Customer Question

My son has been working for a company for two years and has been told his super is being paid to his super account.
His payslips reflects that super has been paid.
He recently checked his super account and discovered that no money has been paid into his super account since he started.
He has written to his employer outlying the amount of the missing super and the loss of interest which has occurred.
His employer has yet to rectify the situation.
My son would like to keep his job as well as getting the money that is owed paid to his super account
He is reluctant to report it to the. ATO for fear of losing his job
Do have any advice as what his next step should be ????
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  James D. Ford replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Your son needs to report this to the ATO, asap. If his employer is not paying his Super since he started, it is also likely they are not paying any of his fellow employees Super either... which could amount to a large amount of $$$. This is a sure sign that his employer is having financial difficulty, and may not be in business much longer... if his employer folds, and the owners go bankrupt, he may never see this money. If the employer takes any adverse action against him, as a result of his standing up for his workplace rights.. he would have legal rights to protect himself. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Kind regards, James