How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5774
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a unit in our family trust name and i would like to

Customer Question

i have a unit in our family trust name and i would like to transfer it into my wifes name and mine can i just get a valuation and pay the stamp duty and legals or what would be the prodsedure
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Depending on which state you are in, a transfer of such property from husband to wife does not attract stamp duty.
You should however elect to have a solicitor / conveyancer undertake the transfer, it is not terribly expensive, less than $1000.00.
Please click accept.