How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44351
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How much will this service cost to ask you a few questions

Customer Question

How much will this service cost to ask you a few questions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.
Are they relating to one issue or separate issues?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One issue.i got an intervention order because he harrass me with threating text messages .the court put the children'snsmes on it for protection whilst in his care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also asked a family court lawyer in the court to read me the document.he said their is nothing saying he can't see them.he wants me to waste my time and spend money I do not have.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
Does the Intervention order allow contact for the children?
Do you have orders from the family court for the children?
Are you working?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It doesn't say he can't see them .it says whilst in his care do not talk about the matter or say bad things to them about their also states that he must drop them at my front door and not go inside.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No orders from the Family court on child arrangements.We were amicable on this matter and didn't need anything in writing.i also have a legally binding financial document with him done by lawyers and I have 2 years left for him to pay me.uou can't put child arrangement in financial agreement.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
Does he want to see them and do you agree with the time he wants?
Does it say he cannot approach you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I'm not working just doing doing charity work.yes he wants to see he cannot approach me or call me.he can by either text or email or lawyer talk only about child arrangements or child welfare.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I agree with the time he wants as per our usual agreement.he doesn't believe me that my putting in a text message when he can see our children as legally is because as the family court lawyer said I have all the power in this and he doesn't beliefe it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's a very confusing document for normal people I didn't understand it either until the lawyer said there is nothing in here to say he can't have them.i understand that he thinks because the children are on the order he can't see them.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
You may be eligible for legal aid for the childrens matter f you have to go to court.
If you can reach an agreement then you can file consent orders with the court for him to see the children.
You can contact the community legal centres in Victoria and they may be able to assist in getting this done.
They will talk to him and if an agreement can be reached then you sign consent orders.
It may be necessary to change the Intervention order to reflect the family court orders that you both sign once they are made.
Their website is as follows
If there is no agreement and you haver to go to court then you will have to apply for legal aid.
I hope this makes sense?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks do much.i feel that I am getting the run around in all the victim try to protect myself and now I'm treated like rubbish.At the end of the day there is not many woman like me who wants and let's and allows the children to see the dad.Im 1 out of ten for the victim and now it seems because of the courts im a monster.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just take my money and I ferl I didn't get anything out of thus service and I will delete it for sure.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
No not at all
The courts do not see that. Because it is not in the courts they have no idea
If you have an agreement and it is then put in writing the courts will make the orders and there is something there for him to see his children or better still the children to spend time with their father.
The community legal centres will assist you.
Good luck.
If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.