Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am from WA and this morning I missed my conciliation conference…

Customer Question
I am from WA and...
I am from WA and this morning I missed my conciliation conference in the Family Court. I'm not sure what I need to do and what the ramifications are? Recently there were some interim orders made by the magistrate to sell our family home. I then submitted an application to dispute the orders. Since then the magistrate put a hold on these orders pending our conciliation conference. I'm not sure what will happen to these orders?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Law
6/16/2015
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello
If you failed to attend, you need to explain to them why it was missed and give evidence as to why you did not attend.
It could well be the case that the other side will now seek a cost order against you for non attendance.
You should then try and have another conciliation conference organised asap, or in the alternate try to settle the matter.
it is important to attend this dates as a conciliation conference is an option than a hearing.
Please click accept / leave feedback as to my service.

Hi Daniel,

What happens of i dont really have a valid reason other than I slept in amd missed it. I was under the pump at work doing long hours. So in order to request another conciliation conference ismthere a particular procedure i should follow?

Thanks

HelloIt may not be good enough perhaps. All you can do is stress that you are under a lot of pressure and in the interests of justice you should be given another chance