How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5710
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am from WA and this morning I missed my conciliation conference

Customer Question

I am from WA and this morning I missed my conciliation conference in the Family Court. I'm not sure what I need to do and what the ramifications are? Recently there were some interim orders made by the magistrate to sell our family home. I then submitted an application to dispute the orders. Since then the magistrate put a hold on these orders pending our conciliation conference. I'm not sure what will happen to these orders?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
If you failed to attend, you need to explain to them why it was missed and give evidence as to why you did not attend.
It could well be the case that the other side will now seek a cost order against you for non attendance.
You should then try and have another conciliation conference organised asap, or in the alternate try to settle the matter.
it is important to attend this dates as a conciliation conference is an option than a hearing.
Please click accept / leave feedback as to my service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

What happens of i dont really have a valid reason other than I slept in amd missed it. I was under the pump at work doing long hours. So in order to request another conciliation conference ismthere a particular procedure i should follow?


Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
HelloIt may not be good enough perhaps. All you can do is stress that you are under a lot of pressure and in the interests of justice you should be given another chance