Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

HelloI am set to go to federal court on the 23rd of June…

Customer Question
Hello I am set to go...
Hello
I am set to go to federal court on the 23rd of June for parenting court orders.
My x husbands lawyers contacted me on the Wed 27th of May saying that they wanted postal address I did not want to give them my address as my husband is a very aggressive man. I opted to go to their firm to collect. I was unable to get to the firm that remaining week and had plans to go the following Friday. I rang the lawyer ( spoke to the secretary) and informed her I wouldn't be able to get there till the following week. I asked her what it might have been about and if it was urgent she said she didn't know that it had something to do with my x and the children.
On 3rd of June the wed before I had planned to go I was served in person.
I am now in the process of seeking legal aid and was advised to contact the lawyer to request an adjournment because I wouldn't be able to get my material in on time.
They replied today refusing the request and reminding me of the 14 day cut of date for the reply to their affidavit, which has now past, as the court date is the 23 June.
My x also obtained a 60 I certificate after the last time we tried to sort out parenting orders we had round table mediation which he got extremely aggressive at and stormed out..he agreed to withdraw the mediation counselling through this process but then he still got the certificate any how.
I feel stressed and screwed over, I don't know what to do. The parenting orders they have drawn up allows them to have our children baby sat by anyone while they both work long hours and weekends while at home.my x is a fly in fly out engineer.
Please help
Nita XXX
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Law
my question is they obviously appear to be attempting to have their parenting orders set. Is it possible the court will set orders so quickly at the first mention or is it a normal process to be given mediation again as I am a willing party to this.
If I ask for an adjournment at the mention is it a possibility that I will be given this too or are my x husbands lawyers attempts show that it's too late a reality?