Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Had a replacement heater on 10/01/13 needed service 08/05 15…

Customer Question
had a replacement heater on...
had a replacement heater on 10/01/13 needed service 08/05 15 not regressing temp correctly called out service technician who informs me cannot check unit as there is no ramp from manhole or light to unit and cannot access the unit safely. today 9/06/15 tech arrived from install Eller and entered from roof not manhole as I was told was by law what will happen when I have to service my heater when access is not available by law ? I would like your advise on this matter as soon as possible I do not need any more strain this all happened when I was receiving chemo for my cancer and this I don't need furthermore the company that came to check out the problem charged me $150.00 just to tell me they could not rectify my problem. AS I am please can you please give this case a serious look as I really don't want to too go legal I just ant it fixed being on pension and cancer recovery ic quiet enough your help would be really appreciated yours
very Sincerely Frank ****************
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Law
6/9/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
I am not sure what your question is.
Are you asking if they have a right to get in throughout the roof?
Or are you entitled to have the heater repaired?
Good Morning
If the item is faulty then they have to repair it or replace it under the Consumer Laws.
If they refuse because they cannot get access and they installed it where it is then they cannot refuse.
Here are the warranties and they apply australia wide
https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/warranties
You can take them to court in your state for the breach.
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
Regards
Good Evening
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards