How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Leon, Thank you prompt response. I left a store

Customer Question

Hi Leon, Thank you for your prompt response. I left a store without paying for a bottle of wine & the store have asked the police to press charges. I am meeting with them on Tuesday. I think I will be needing legal representation in court in Sydney .. Also I'm very nervous about what penalty may be imposed .. I read there can be a jail term?? Also can you advise how a notice to attend court is served as I certainly don't want mail like that coming to my home ;(
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
If this is a first offence you will not get a jail term.
I cannot represent you all I can do is give you information that you can use.
The Notice can be served on your by the police or they can post it to your last known address.
If you see the police they will give you the documents.
Why did you take it? Do you still have the wine?
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening
I am following up on my last post. If you still require assistance can you please provide me with a response to my questions?