How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5420
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Sydney im a disqualified driver, lost my license

Customer Question

I live in Sydney im a disqualified driver, lost my license for 4 years and am doing 250 hours community service. Last week I was stopped for driving disqualified, I have court on the 30/06/2015. My problem and its been a problem for a while im a ice addict and the reason I drove was because I was on the drug, I wasn't thinking straight. its no excuse I know. I have a wife and 2 little daughters and to be honest ive had enough and am currently in talk with odessy house to enter the rehab program. im scared that im going to jail. what do I do please.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.
The bot***** *****ne is that you really are at risk of going to jail.
My strong recommendation is that engage a criminal lawyer to represent you, even if you are intending to plead guilty, as they will be in the best position to help present your case before the court.
I would also suggest you get yourself into a reputable rehabilitation program to show the court you really are attempting to address your addiction issues. If you can get yourself into a rehab program that will go a long way toward avoiding a term of incarceration.
Naturally, your ultimate prospects will also be affected by your criminal history and how genuine the court believes your efforts at reform are, but the above steps will give you the best chance of a relatively good outcome.
If you need help locating a suitable criminal lawyer, contact the New South Wales Law Society as they can refer you to an appropriate lawyer in your area.
I trust the above assists.
Good luck and please rate my answer.