How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is currently here on a working holiday visa and

Customer Question

My son is currently here on a working holiday visa and would like to be able to stay here. I am an Australian citizen by descent and have only been living in Australia since 30 September 30th 2014. He is 20 years old and not in full time education although I can prove he is dependent on me. What are our options visa wise?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
He is too old to be on your visa
If you have lived in Australia for 2 years then he can apply for citizenship by descent as well.
If he is prepared to take on full time study he can obtain a student visa and once you have been here for 2 years he can apply for citizenship
Does he want to study?
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
Just following up my last post.
Are you still after information?