Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am a Manager and have been falsely accused of bullying…

Customer Question
Hi, I am a Manager...

Hi, I am a Manager and have been falsely accused of bullying by two staff members I have been performance managing. HR have sent me a long list of allegations and want me to respond. Many of the allegations are not true and/or twisting of the situation and/or relating to formal emails sent re the performance management. Based on the allegations provided, they do not fall into the category of bullying or gross misconduct. I have also been suspended on full pay. My question is, how do you / should you respond to hearsay and/or allegations that are completely untruthful?

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/3/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good Evening
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
If they are not true or did not occur you simply respond to them by saying that is false or this did not occur.
I would suggest that you not respond to this yourself. It appears that it is a serious matter and you should speak to a solicitor and have them look at out an assist you.
Also have the solicitor be with you at any meeting as a support person.
Your response will be in writing and they can use that against you.
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance?