Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Customer Question
I rented out a car...

I rented out a car to a person, the car is still in my name, the person will not give it back, they have not paid for 3 weeks so far, but i just want the car back as it is mine (not the owing monies), what are my options please? Thanks from Gail

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/2/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good evening
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
Do you have an agreement with them about the rental?
Have you reported this to the police?

Hi Leon, no real agreement, just that they pay me $300 per fortnight, have told police about it but they said it is a civil matter nothing to do with the police, thanks from Gail

Good Morning
I thought thats what they would have said.
You nee to commence proceedings in Court for the return of the vehicle and also the money that he owes you
In the application you also sue for the value of the car if the car has been damaged.
This is your only option.
Do this ASAP
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.
Good Evening
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Good Afternoon
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards