Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My partner and I just broke up. I was interstate and got…

Customer Question
Hi, my partner and I...
Hi, my partner and I just broke up. I was interstate and got back to her and my 2 kids gone. She took my Car which is registered to my company name which she has never had any involvement in and the Car was given to me personally by my friend to thank me for my 10yr service to his company. I know where she is and have advice I am well within my rights to pay a tow truck company to repossess. Can u let me know if this is true and also what all My other options are. Cheers
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Law
5/31/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
The car if it is in the company name then right to get the car back is the companies. You have to report it stolen to the police and show that you have requested it back and she has refused.
further if she is refusing you access to the children you have to file a recovery order application.
Here is some information
http://www.familylawmattersaustralia.com.au/court-forms/recovery-order-1
You have to report it to the police and then go from there.
If you send a tow truck she has a right to refuse them access to the premises.
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
Regards
Good Evening
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards