Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Is it possible to drop charges in a minor assault case?

Customer Question
is it possible to drop charges in a minor assault case?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Law
5/30/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
You can go to the police and ask them if they are prepared to do so. It is not impossible but they have to make the decision.
It is the police that are proceeding the person that reported the assault is only a witness.
Only the police can drop them.
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
Regards
Good Evening
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
If you are convicted of assault in a civil case do you get a criminal record?