Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

Back in 1959 as a child is a ward of the court the same as

Customer Question

Back in 1959 as a child is a ward of the court the same as ward of the state.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.
The terms "ward of the court" or "ward of the state" are, in the context of children, practically the same, but the use of different terminology likely has its origin in differences in the legislation assigning ultimate responsibility for decisions to either the court or to a government body.
In an adult context, however, ward of the state might also apply to a convicted person during a period of imprisonment, so context is important.
If you can explain why you are concerned about the difference, which state you are in and the relevant dates, I may be able to address your concern and specific situation otherwise please rate my answer.
Patrick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh Thankyou Patrick This has taken you a few days to reply I will not be able to go beyond one week. I am In Victoria Australia. I was orphaned at thereby my father stealing us from our mother in the middle of the night. He put us in the orphanage. I was three. At five he died our mother took us out of the orphanage put us in school. My aunt stole us from the school 5years old hid us(probate ) mother found us taken to supreme court 1959.Aunt was taken to court on kidnapping charge. Aunt told lies to court. Welfare supported mother for us to stay. Judge ordered us to be wards of the court and Aunt to have guardianship. Judge ordered excess be reserved. (never saw mother again). Told all my childhood you do not belong to us you belong to the court. Now I am trying to find where did I belong A ward of the state is that the same. Other wise I belonged no whereas a child. I had no write to mothers will or aunts. I had no writes now I want to go to the royal commission. And tell my story.
Sorry but it is not clear what further assistance I can offer.
Your situation sounds very unfortunate but I am unaware of any current royal commission that would be appropriate for you to raise your matter.
If you have a further question please ask, otherwise please rate my answer.
Thanks,
Patrick