How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5420
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Back in 1959 as a child is a ward of the court the same as

Customer Question

Back in 1959 as a child is a ward of the court the same as ward of the state.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.
The terms "ward of the court" or "ward of the state" are, in the context of children, practically the same, but the use of different terminology likely has its origin in differences in the legislation assigning ultimate responsibility for decisions to either the court or to a government body.
In an adult context, however, ward of the state might also apply to a convicted person during a period of imprisonment, so context is important.
If you can explain why you are concerned about the difference, which state you are in and the relevant dates, I may be able to address your concern and specific situation otherwise please rate my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh Thankyou Patrick This has taken you a few days to reply I will not be able to go beyond one week. I am In Victoria Australia. I was orphaned at thereby my father stealing us from our mother in the middle of the night. He put us in the orphanage. I was three. At five he died our mother took us out of the orphanage put us in school. My aunt stole us from the school 5years old hid us(probate ) mother found us taken to supreme court 1959.Aunt was taken to court on kidnapping charge. Aunt told lies to court. Welfare supported mother for us to stay. Judge ordered us to be wards of the court and Aunt to have guardianship. Judge ordered excess be reserved. (never saw mother again). Told all my childhood you do not belong to us you belong to the court. Now I am trying to find where did I belong A ward of the state is that the same. Other wise I belonged no whereas a child. I had no write to mothers will or aunts. I had no writes now I want to go to the royal commission. And tell my story.
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry but it is not clear what further assistance I can offer.
Your situation sounds very unfortunate but I am unaware of any current royal commission that would be appropriate for you to raise your matter.
If you have a further question please ask, otherwise please rate my answer.