Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

If you are terminated from your work are you still entitled

Customer Question
to receive your long service...
If you are terminated from your work are you still entitled to receive your long service payment
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
5/29/2015
Solicitor: James D. Ford, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
James D. Ford
James D. Ford, Solicitor
The short answer is Yes, you will still be entitled.. termination does not remove your entitlement to be paid LSL.
Please advise the basis of your eligibility for LSL.. in particular, how long have you worked for the employer?
Please read the following fact sheet issued by the Dept. of the Attorney-General for info on LSL generally.
http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/26990/long-service-leave.pdf
I await your response, kind regards, James
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor