Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I have a writ issued against me by a former employee. It refers

Customer Question

I have a writ issued against me by a former employee.
It refers to many issues but the bot***** *****ne is that I did not honour his separation agreement.
Anyhow that separation was in October. 2008
He also had issued a writ back in 2010 but did not serve it however he mad a Demand for Payment otherwise he would serve the writ.
I did not respond and it laid dormant till September of 2014, when he issued another writ and served it on me in December 2014.
It is now proceeding through the courts and is with the registra.
I have insurance for Management liability with AIG which I started in 2012.
AIG now say that I am not covered since the demand for payment was originally made prior to commencement of the cover, even though the writ is quite different from the original one, but basically the same issues.
Is AIG within their rights to decline this cover ?
Ivan Schonl
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Sadly yes as it all effectively 'went down' and occurred before they were involved.
You can file a complaint at the ombudsman, however I do not like your changes sadly.
http://www.fos.org.au/
Please leave feedback as to my service. I wish I could give you better news.