How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my son give me power of attorney to support him over parenting

Customer Question

Can my son give me power of attorney to support him over parenting plan issues and contempt of court issues because he is emotionally strained on this matter?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
No he cannot do that
The court will see this as him not taking an interest.
A POA will not allow you to represent him.
He can ask the court to have you speak on his behalf but he has to be in court.
I hope this makes sense?
Expert:  James D. Ford replied 2 years ago.
Hi, to add to what Leon has said... you can support your son... and assist him with the process... and he can even appoint you as his power of attorney to sign financial documents on his behalf.. however, your son will need to appear in Court... but he can have you support him and with the permission of the Court (to speak on your behalf) as what is known as a Mackenzie's friend...
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
Just following up my last post
Is there any further assistance you require?