Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Around 5/6 years ago I separated from a 15 year de facto relationship. I…

Customer Question
Around 5/6 years ago I...
Around 5/6 years ago I separated from a 15 year de facto relationship.
I was told by my ex-partner's Solicitor that I was not entitled to any of his Superannuation as we were only de facto
Thanks
N
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/23/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good Evening
That is correct.
In WA only defactos are not entitled to superannuation.
Here is some information.
http://www.familycourt.wa.gov.au/_files/Defacto_Superannuation.pdf
I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive.
If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
Regards
Good Afternoon
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards