How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an Australian and my girlfriend is Italian we have been

Customer Question

I am an Australian and my girlfriend is Italian we have been together 1 year we want to get married gov departments have not answered any questions on how we can be together in Australia we have had the run around from all departments including immigration could you please help who do I talk to a " lawyer" ? Thankyou
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
Is she in Australia or in Italy.
If in Austtralia what visa is she on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In Australia and now on a tourist visa but was here for 2 years prior on a working visa
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
If she marries before the visa expires you can lodge a partner visa
Once the visitor visa expires she will go on a bridging visa until the new visa is determined.
If you do not intent to marry you can apply now as you have known each other fro 12 months.
You can seek the assistance of a migration agent to help you with the process.
I hope this makes sense?