Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have not had an increase over 5 years - no cpi etc.

Customer Question
I have not had an...
I have not had an increase for well over 5 years - no cpi etc. is this something I can bring up to my employer? Thanks Sharon
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Law
5/20/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
An employer is under no obligation to give you a pay rise unfortunately.
If you have an agreement that says you are to get regular rises and they have not complied you can enforce that.
if not all you can do is approach them and ask for a pay rise and discuss it.
Does you agreement mention anything about rises?