Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I had a call last night fro local police asking to speak about a incod

Customer Question

I had a call last night fro local police asking to speak about a incodent at myer yesterday. I was stopped as i left by a store person and security guard grabbed my arm . Asked 2 look in my bag . I did have something in it but left the store an hr or so before didnt put it in bag until after i was out. It simply sat on top of my trolly. The security swing me around like a rag doll i asked him 2 stop i have a neck (3 cervical herniated discs and facet joint damage) and 1 lumbar herniated disk SIJ DYSFUNCTION i wear a special belt for . Now i have scratches and more bruising no arm. I got scared when he let go i ran as best i could because of injury i find it hard to walk.
The police want me at station today they must have cctv of me stealing. I suffer PTSD and have been sentenced before under section 32 . I was scared so bad he was going to hurt me more i dumped the bag running.
I am also highly medicated and was walking around dazed in store for a long time. Is my son birt
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
Did you take the item without paying?
Do you believe that what happened is still as a result of your mental health issues?
Are you having treatment for the PTSD currently?
You have to attend at the station and you should have photos of your injuries.
All you have to tell the police is your name and address. You do not have to tell them anything else. You have a right to remain silent.