How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5420
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother has had a vro issued against him and has not seen

Customer Question

my brother has had a vro issued against him and has not seen his children for three weeks as his ex ran off with them, he is concerned she is on drugs and that the children are in in desirable circumstances, the vro also covers the children, if he finds them or was to see them can he legally take them out if danger
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 2 years ago.
If the VRO prevents him from accessing the children, any breach of that VRO will likely result in his being charged for such a breach.
Whilst the court would likely accept that a breach was reasonable if the children were in imminent and very serious danger, the mere potential for mishap because the mother was on drugs is unlikely to be accepted as a sufficient basis for disregarding the VRO.
For this reason, I would strongly recommend that your brother get a family lawyer to review his situation with a view to either seek to have the VRO set aside or its terms modified to facilitate his having access to his children.
Only a lawyer fully briefed in the family situation can give firm advice as to how a court will ultimately deal with your brother's case, but I trust the above assists your understanding.
Please rate my answer.
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 2 years ago.
I note that you have not yet rated my answer.
I appreciate it was not what you were wanting to hear but I have addressed your question at some length so kindly rate my answer so that I can be paid for my services.
Thank you,