Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Is it discrination when a university terminates a doctoral

Customer Question

Is it discrination when a university terminates a doctoral canditure for clinical pychology when canditure unable to complete 2 placements due to ill health thanks Sue
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My daughter is I final stage of doctorate clinical pychology she has passed her doctoral theis.she has completed 3 clinical placements . One she passed the other 2 she got passes w ith reservations.then attempted 2 more placements to complete doctorate but had to pull out without completing due to chronic I'll health. Uni advised they are terminating her canditure as poor clinical performance and will not be able to graduate as doctor of clinical pychology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Uni will only give her a Masters of Research
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are talking about an Australian University
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
You have to look at the policy of the university
It seems more like you being unable to comply with your agreement but if you have medical certificates and cannot work then it may be some from of discrimination.
But you need to look at the policy of the university as well as your contract.
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance?