How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it discrination when a university terminates a doctoral

Customer Question

Is it discrination when a university terminates a doctoral canditure for clinical pychology when canditure unable to complete 2 placements due to ill health thanks Sue
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My daughter is I final stage of doctorate clinical pychology she has passed her doctoral theis.she has completed 3 clinical placements . One she passed the other 2 she got passes w ith reservations.then attempted 2 more placements to complete doctorate but had to pull out without completing due to chronic I'll health. Uni advised they are terminating her canditure as poor clinical performance and will not be able to graduate as doctor of clinical pychology
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Uni will only give her a Masters of Research
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are talking about an Australian University
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
You have to look at the policy of the university
It seems more like you being unable to comply with your agreement but if you have medical certificates and cannot work then it may be some from of discrimination.
But you need to look at the policy of the university as well as your contract.
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance?