Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

I am writing a book. Broken Swallow is set around the services

Customer Question

I am writing a book. Broken Swallow is set around the services that I currently work in I would like to just ensure everything is OK.
The hospital, while there are things that are recognisable, is written in different descriptions except for some of the ward. All names of hospitals, wards and people are fictional. The hospital is situated in a different location too.
None of my characters are from real descriptions but are a variations of people as it is impossible not to use descriptions from memories of things I have seen. However no character is recognisable from people I know and all characters behaviours are creations from my mind. Also I have used an alias rather than my name.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Provided persons are not recognisable either from their descriptions or their actions in the story, there should be no repercussions from writing a book such as this.
I trust the above reassures you, but if you have any further concerns please do not hesitate to ask.
Good luck and please rate my answer.
Thanks,
Patrick
I note you have read my answer but not rated it.
Please rate my answer so I can be paid for my time and effort.
If you were unhappy with some aspect of my answer or have a follow up question please ask and I will attempt to assist you further, otherwise please rate my answer.
Thanks,
Patrick