How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There, I moved to Australia from New Zealand in june 2010 and am a self employed sub co

Customer Question

Hi there, I moved to Australia from New Zealand in june 2010 and am a self employed sub contractor. I haven't filed a tax return since moving here and its really starting to worry me. until the beginning of this year my work and income has been quite inconsistent and haven't made more that around 60k per year, last year I made around 45k. I need to get on top of this but im a bit fearful of contacting the ATO, what should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good Evening
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
Do you have records of what you earned and what you spent?
Do you have an ABN and also a Tax File number?