Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

My name is ***** ***** i need some advise on what a Dr

Customer Question
Hi my name is *****...
Hi my name is ***** ***** i need some advise on what a Dr did to me .My Dr sent me to specialist in which i thought was going to be a pap smear ,when i arrived at his clinic he was firstly very rude about myself bulk billing as he told me he felt cheap that my Dr was sending him people that cant pay or have not got private health cover ,that was very off putting even before i saw him ,i went into his room he told me to get on the bed and put my legs in stirrups in which i thought i was having pap smear and then getting booked in to bankstown hosp for curette.The sr then told me to relax this might hurt a bit he then had this utencil in his hand and i thought what is he doing ,the next thing i know he his scrapping inside my uterus and i cant describe the pain it was unbearable i screamed the room down he did this procedure three times i nearly fainted from the pain his assisant never came to see if i was fine all the Dr said to me im a mean Dr sorry julie ,but if you had of waited for this prcocedure at bankstown you would have waited months ,i thought oh well this must be how they find the cancer properly.I had to see my Dr 3 days later for results and said to her you never told me that procedure he did would be so painful ,my Dr was confused she said what do you mean didnt you go to bankstown hosp because julie the report here tells me the specialist gave you a curette ,and i said dont you have general Anesthetic for that procedure my Dr went white she said didnt he tell you what he was doing i said no he was very cold and rude .I do know legally he was supposed to booke me into hosp for curette have an assistant with him in his room whilst doing any procedure especially with female patients .My Dr knows i have a phobia about male Drs i had terrible experience with male Dr when i was in mt early twenties he has just treated me like i was a piece of meat ,he did not comfort me console me he just did this illegal procedure with no compassion for his patient please can you help me make sure he stops doing these procedures in his rooms .i have been very sick for 12 months he did nothing to make me feel safe.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
5/11/2015
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.
Did he do the procedure that your doctor asked him to do?
Had your doctor advised him of your phobia?
What damages have you suffered that can be quantified?
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor