How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44889
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed up with a company called

Customer Question

I signed up with a company called that send leads for work that I can do in the steel shed building sector.
I could not get correct documents they were after for insurance etc so I asked for a refund.
Ive paid them $1000 and they say to refund minus admin cost I will only get $600 back. I have their terms if you wish to review them quickly?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question.When you paid the amount and signed up were you made aware of the admin fee?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, not that I can find in the offer document or acceptance doc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
see docs attached
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good AfternoonI believe it is a scam and that the fee is excessive.You should send them a letter advising that if they do not refund the money you will sue them and also report them to the ACCCThe Admin fee should be equal to work they have undertaken and $400.00 is excessive if they cannot show they have done anything.They did not give you anything else about terminating the agreement or other terms if something goes wrong?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not that I can find. Ill have a look now...
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good AfternoonIf you find nothing then you can take the matter further and rely on their failure to disclose this.But chase them up about it say it is excessive and that if they do not refund it you will complain to the ACCCIf you sue take them to VCATGood luck if there is nothing furtherthank you for using my services.If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me knowIf there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.RegardsLeon
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Leon replied 2 years ago.
Good luck with it.